Thursday, June 21, 2007

KC @ CLB Ratings

**Feel free to discuss my ratings, or just tell me I'm an idiot, any criticism (good or bad) is much appreciated!**

I'll work from the back to the front and throw some subs at the end:

Hesmer - 7 - Played very well I thought in his 2nd start of the season. Made a crucial save early in the 2nd half on a Victorine rocket, keeping the game at 0-0.

Hendrickson - 6 - Not playing at 100%, I have to give EZ some credit. KC's winger gave him some problems in the 1st half, but he managed the situation quite admirably.
Marshall - 6 - Chad is starting to look very solid in the back, and I am going to venture a guess that he is becoming more confortable playing alongside Marcos. Very solid from Chad.
Gonzalez - 7 - Another solid performance by Marcos. There is a reason he was named the Crew's MVP last season. Work hard, play solid, and limit the mistakes: that's his game, and he's damn good at it.
Miglioranzi - 8 - I was extremely impressed with Migli in the back. Got forward very well, and scored the eventual winner.

O'Rourke - 6 - Solid performance by Danny. Lost possession a few times, but also managed to stifle quite a few KC attacks.
Oughton - 8 - Duncan's presence in the midfield was exactly what the Crew have been looking for . He played perfect transition between O'Rourke and Grabavoy, and also moved into the attack quite effectively. MotM
Grabavoy - 6 - I have seen Ned play better, and worse. He actually played a little more defensive than I have seen form him so far, but he was effective. Won a few headers over taller defenders, which is alway a plus.

Gaven - 7 - Eddie Gaven, where have you been? This is the guy that we traded Edson Buddle for. Now stick around, and keep playing like you did last night.
Moreno - 7 - Even though he didn't score, Moreno was the hardest working player on the field last night. Running down errant passes, keeping plays alive, etc. This guy embodies what the "Hardest Working Team" is all about.
Schelotto - 8 - Pure class. I will admit that I was wrong about him, and am glad I was. Created quite a few chances on his own, just want to see more selfishness in front of goal on golden opportunities.

Zayner (for Hendrickson, 71') - 6 - Saw his 1st MLS action since being injured for what seems like forever. Did not make any mistakes, and was quite effective in shutting down a few attacks.
Kamara (for Schelotto, 90+') - NR - Not in long enough to have an impact, or to be rated.


I'll put some pre-game thoughts for the LA match sometime before the game for your reading pleasure!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Cutter said...

Need some help!!!! Where is the closest pub/bar for Columbus Crew Fans?? Is there an official bar of the Crew??

Unknown said...

We just completed a preview of Columbus for the upcoming season and I wanted to get your opinion. We are projecting that 2008 will be a good year for the crew.

Columbus Crew 2008 Season Preview

David